Thursday, October 11, 2007

sour stomach


Yesterday, my stomach finally rebelled a little against all the new and spicy foods I've been eating. It wasn't too bad, but after helping teach class, I just went to bed for most of the day and either read or slept. I got to spend some time with Ping, too, which mostly consisted of her speaking in Thai, me speaking in English, laughing, and not understanding each other. I learned the vowels yesterday, though. Thai has a lot of vowel sounds. I ate bland foods (and not much) all day, and after evening class, Paul and I went for dinner with Steve and Melvin, two guys who are doing ministry in Malaysia and Indonesia and are scouting out possibilities for organizing short-term trips to Thailand. Steve is American and Melvin is Indonesian (I think I mentioned them in my last entry). It was really neat to talk to them. I think Steve was relieved to talk to some white people, haha. He's been in Panang, Malaysia for six months. I was relieved to eat some non-spicy chicken noodle soup. Unfortunately, the curry that they ate last night did not agree with Steve and Paul so much this morning.

1 comment:

ScottF said...

Heya Bri,

My community group is thinking about working on building some care packages for those of our friends that are abroad. Is there anything in particular that you might want/need which we could send your direction?