Monday, October 22, 2007

first day of classes

Today was the first day of classes! (that is, I finally started teaching my own classes). I'm teaching Beginning II and Int. I at Step Ahead and Int. I and II at the Sarojin starting tomorrow. The first class went pretty well! I have 3 students in Beg. who were in Paul's class, which is nice, because I already know them. Then I had 3 new students, but two of them will probably move down to Paul's class because I think mine is too hard for them. We need more students, actually, so I'm hoping that more will sign up this week.

On Saturday, I met with my language partner, Clear (that's her nickname) for the first time! We are planning to meet for a few hours every Saturday. We are a good match for each other, I think. We spent the afternoon just getting to know each other, and I learned a few new Thai words. Her English is quite good, which is nice. She mainly needs help w/ pronunciation and tenses. We talked about our families and how we came to know the Lord. She became a Christian at her university in Chiang Mai.

On Wednesday, Jit is teaching me how to make a different curry (I think it's called Mossiman). I am looking forward to that! Unfortunately, I had a migraine yesterday, and it has carried over to today a bit. It is a very mild headache, but I had the visual symptoms yesterday morning (blurry vision in one eye, extreme sensitivity to light). I'm getting a little annoyed w/ all the health problems- it's either stomach problems, or being really tired, or migraines... please pray for me to be healthy again.

1 comment:

Damaris said...

Hallo Bri,
wollte nur mal schreiben, dass ich es sehr spannend finde, deinen Blog zu lesen! Ich wünsche dir eine wirklich gute und gesegnete Zeit in Thailand, viel Kraft und Geduld für die Herausforderungen, die auf dich zu kommen und eine konstant bessere Gesundheit!
LG
Damaris