Friday, October 12, 2007

Sarojin Hotel is swanky



I started this a few days ago and didn't finish, but I'm just going to post it:

Today, Paul and I got to visit the Sarojin Hotel, where we'll be teaching classes soon. And man, it is NICE! I'll post some pics as soon as the wireless is working again. We met with the general manager, but we still have some details to iron out next Monday (with scheduling, levels, etc.). So it looks like for next week, I'll just keep helping Paul plan and teach his classes at Step Ahead and really start planning my lessons to teach at the hotel the following week. I'm pretty lucky to have this time to chill out a bit, meet people, spend time with ministry teams passing through, learn Thai, get sick and get better... and go to the beach. But actually, I'll still go to the beach every day once my schedule gets busy, b/c it's my place to run, think, and pray early in the morning. I love it. There's usually (almost) no one there at 6:40 in the morning. But Khao Lak is starting to get more crowded, day by day. There are a whole lot more white faces around (farangs) than there were just 2 weeks ago.



I think I am going to ask Jit, one of Paul's students, to give me some Thai cooking lessons in exchange for English practice. I can go shopping at the market just fine and get fresh fruits and vegetables, but I don't really know what to cook except for omelettes. I'm not familiar with the spices or the cooking methods. Actually, we usually go out to eat b/c it' s just so cheap anyway, but I like to cook and don't want to go out all the time. But I won't be able to cook much during the week, b/c it looks like I'll be teaching morning, afternoon, and evening classes.

No comments: