Saturday, September 29, 2007

A perfect day



Yesterday the jet lag hit me (for some reason, it skipped a day). I hardly slept at all on Thurs. night, so on Fri. I was kind of in a daze the whole day; I had to lie down for a nap after I sat in on Paul's advanced class in the morning. The class was really neat. There were only three students, but they were very enthusiastic and spoke quite well. They asked me some questions about me and about America, and I helped with the lesson, which involved reading a text (ironically) about an English girl who went to Korea and had jet lag. :) I think I am going to take on the intermediate and advanced classes soon, because I've discovered that it will be very hard teaching the complete beginners without being able to speak any Thai with them. In the afternoon, Paul and I took off on the motorbike to get me an adapter for my computer and see the countryside. It was so fun! We went to a beautiful beach about 20 minutes from here. When we got back, everyone else from Step Ahead, plus a friend of theirs from church, and I went to the beach and threw the frisbee around and swam for a while. The water is the perfect temperature! The waves weren't too big. It is really hot in the afternoon, but it's been beautiful evenings- a nice breeze and not hot at all. In the evening, Taan, Ping, Paul and I had meat fondue, Thai style. Most of the restaurants are open air, and you just sit outdoors amongst the palm trees at these little wooden or wicker tables. It is gorgeous.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I think it's funny, too, that you read a that passage about jet lag. :)

Oh yeah...I forgot to give you my adapters. How did you find a cable for you camera?

Did you throw YOUR frisbee around? Did they already have a frisbee?

I can't wait to come see you. And I'm wondering if I should be there, too.

boen said...

How do you like the food, Bri? It's so cool that you get to throw Frisbee (one of your favorite things to do) in the other part of the world.

You make me want to go there =)
Oh well, I will go and see you there in few months.

Btw, we started the breakfast thing again this past Friday. I really miss you, how you always carry your bible during the breakfast (at least most of the time) and read aloud some verses. No one did that on Friday, maybe I will do that next time (to carry on the tradition).