Thursday, September 27, 2007

2nd day in Thailand

This place is amazing! I love it. I did so many fun things today:
-sat in on Paul's lesson and did a few conversation activities with the students
-one of his students taught me how to make phad thai (yummy!)
-went to the market with Benz and bought some flip-flops for about $1.25
-spoke German w/ a Thai girl who runs a shop just down the road
-learned lots of Thai words!
-prayed w/ everyone from the Step Ahead Center (we have devotions every morning)
-went running barefoot on the beach
-Paul taught me how to drive a scooter (um, sort of). I need some more practice :)
-visited a preschool that is also run by Step Ahead. I might teach some English classes there, too.
-ate green curry
Surprisingly, I haven't really had jet lag. I slept well last night, only woke up once in the middle of the night but then slept straight through 'til 6:30 this morning. I feel great. I love this place!! Did I mention that? I love it.

7 comments:

Alisa said...

Bri, it sounds like so much fun!

Lisi said...

Das hört sich ja soo genial an!! Freu mich mich voll für dich!!!
Liebe Grüße aus Österreich:-)

Ciprian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ciprian said...

Teaching your favorite languages then relaxing on the beach, how much better can it get :)
When do you start to teach classes?

Unknown said...

Hey Bri,
Glad you're loving it :) It's good to see your blog too. I hope you can visit Virginia when you get back!

Unknown said...

Bri... sounds like an awesome place. I'll be praying for you

Sam said...

I'm glad that you have devotions every morning. :)