Monday, February 25, 2008

Featured Friend- Benz!



These are old pics but some of my favorites. Good times. Pic #1: at the sticky rice restaurant


Pic #2: at Khao Lak National Park Restaurant, my first month here!


Pic #3: my birthday, of course! What would a birthday be without chocolate cake?



Name: Benz (Isariya Ar-ngee- one of only a few friends whose first and last names I actually know)

Age: 25


Interests: traveling, learning foreign languages and being friends with foreigners, translating (she is quite impressive at this), YWAM, Jesus, being a tour guide (sometimes), sports, being un-Thai, laughing loudly (even more loudly than I do) and singing loudly all over the house, showing ministry teams around Thailand and driving us around in the Step Ahead-mobile, doing anything that's new and fun.


I don't think Benz is afraid of anything. She is not shy at all; in fact, she has a loud personality. Another friend of ours told her to "tone it down" in public, haha! She is strong-willed and determined. I am always impressed at the energy and ambition with which she tackles new tasks. She perseveres. She loves a challenge and doesn't like to be bored. Benz is from the far north of Thailand, close to Chiang Rai (most of my friends are from the north). She is from the Akha hill tribe, which is mostly Christian. Benz's mom is really cool. She visited here and cooked all sorts of delicious northern food. Lots of people think she is Benz's older sister b/c she looks so young and she's very beautiful. Benz is beautiful, too. She says things straight, exactly as they are on her mind. She is genuine. I don't have to worry about what she might or might not be thinking, because she tells me! Benz and I are very different, but I appreciate her very much.

No comments: